Part-Time Marketing Assistant Job Description
Revitalizing Waterbury seeks a part-time Marketing Assistant (MA) to help create a vibrant presence for the Town of Waterbury during its upcoming Main Street Reconstruction project. Using a variety of media channels and promotional tools, the MA will highlight and promote local businesses, elevate awareness of Waterbury as a destination for day-trippers and out-of-state visitors, and encourage tourists to return.
Tasks include content creation and social media management, assisting in creation and execution of promotional and advertising campaigns, and communication coordination with VTrans liaison and community Main Street committees.
- During Main Street Reconstruction, create a vibrant presence for the Town of Waterbury in a variety of media channels
- Highlight and promote Revitalizing Waterbury (RW) business members
- Provide marketing support to local businesses
- Elevate awareness of Waterbury as a destination for day-trippers and out-of-state visitors
- Make visitors to Waterbury feel a part of our community so that they come back
Social Media Management
- Regular weekly posts on RW’s various social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and RW, Discover Waterbury and WaterburyWorks websites
- Source/identify user generated content
- Create original content, including photos and storytelling
Promotional and Advertising Campaigns
- Assist in design and creation of promotional materials
- Communicate with businesses via email and follow-up phone calls
- Collect, organize and track information
- Create and send invoices when necessary
Other General Marketing Duties
- Coordinate communications with VTrans Liaison, Main Street Committee and RW Marketing Committee as it pertains to public facing messaging regarding Main Street Reconstruction
- Write FPF posts, press releases for local media as they relate to Main Street promotions
- Respond to media inquiries
- Write quarterly tourism emails
- Enter content and manage Discover Waterbury and Revitalizing Waterbury online calendars
POTENTIAL MAIN STREET MARKETING PROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Promotional events and activities to encourage shopping and dining
- www.WaterburyWorks.com website
- Temporary public art installations
- Co-op ads
Experience with engagement and content development for a variety of social media channels, excellent writing and editing skills, high level of organization, friendly, personable and a quick learner. Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and within teams in a high-paced, deadline-oriented office. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Google Drive and basic website management. Basic graphic design experience a plus. Other duties as assigned.
15-20 hours weekly, primarily in office, though some work can be completed independently. Pay $15-$18 per hour depending upon experience. Position length, approximately 2 years – January 2019 – October 2020.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Deadline – Friday, December 7, 2018.